Swiss smart metering
Smart Meter is an Intelligent Measurement Device which periodically records the measured values and sends the data encrypted to the Service Provider.
CCLAB has been involved in the preparation and procedures while supporting the Swissmig community since the beginning.
We use agile methodologies, respond quickly and provide you with active cooperation for your next smart metering certificate.
CCLAB’s agile evaluation methodology is based on Common Criteria and strictly follows the latest version of:
"Die Prüfmethodologie zur Durchführung der Datensicherheitsprüfung für Smart Metering Komponenten in der Schweiz / Test Methodology for Execution of Data Security Evaluation of Swiss Smart Metering Components” issued by SWISSMIG.
The scope of evaluation methodology is based on the fulfilment of the requirements of the main components (HK):
- Smart metering device (iMG)
- Communication System (KS; Data concentrator (DC), other Gateway (GW))
- Head End System (HES) through the respective test object (ToE or PG)
A ToE (Target of Evaluation) contains at least one iMG and a HES.
The evaluation process of a test object (ToE) takes about 15-20 days (test slot) in the Laboratory:
- IT-Security concept evaluation
- Product development, architecture, functionality documentation evaluation
- Product lifecycle document evaluation
- Verification tests and documentation review, final review
- Penetration testing