Swiss smart metering
The Smart Meter is an Intelligent Measurement Device which periodically records the measured values and sends the data encrypted to the Service Provider.
These devices need to be evaluated by an evaluation Laboratory, and need to be certified by METAS from 01.01.2020 according to Prüfmethodologie (Test Methodology for Execution of Data Security Evaluation of Swiss Smart Metering Components).
CCLAB evaluation methodology strictly follows the latest version of Pruefmethodologie issued by SWISSMIG.
The scope of evaluation methodology is based on the fulfilment of the requirements of the main components (HK):
- Smart metering device (iMG)
- Communication System (KS; Data concentrator (DC), other Gateway (GW))
- Head End System (HES) through the respective test object (ToE or PG)
A ToE contains at least one iMG and a HES.
The evaluation process is divided to two parts, document evaluation and penetration testing. The document evaluation consists of the following parts:
- IT-Security concept evaluation: 2-3 days
- Product development, architecture, functionality documentation evaluation: 3-4 days
- Product lifecycle document evaluation: 1 day
This is usually followed by an iteration, during which the manufacturer corrects the findings of the Laboratory.
Then comes the Penetration testing:
- Penetration tests on the test site: 10-12 days